Philanthropy Advisory Group offers customized philanthropic services for private and family foundations, donor advised fund holders, and individual funders. We design our services to provide philanthropists with the support they need to engage in meaningful, innovative grantmaking. We provide services for the broad range of philanthropic endeavors, including establishing a foundation, managing operations, planning for succession and next generation involvement, and evaluating and strengthening their philanthropic impact.
We customize our services to support our clients—none of our services are pre-packaged. We listen closely to our clients to gain a strong understanding of their needs and philanthropic ambitions, and then we recommend services based on their goals, priorities, and budget.
Some funders retain us for one-time projects such as a “boot camp” training on how to set up and run a foundation; or to conduct family interviews to generate a succession plan; or to help assess staffing needs and find appropriate philanthropic staff. Other clients hire us to serve as long-term advisors. Some funders hire us to manage their whole strategic grants portfolio; others hire us to do in-depth studies and make recommendations on single grants. Finally, certain clients hire us during a transition to assess and recommend a new course of action.
Our expertise in philanthropy covers the full range of services that funders need:
• Grantmaking operations, management, and administration;
• Foundation governance, operations, and compliance;
• Reconstituting policies and procedures to improve board dynamics;
• Developing long-term philanthropic strategies;
• Advising families on succession planning;
• Training families and foundation professionals who are new to the field;
• Working and negotiating with grantees ranging from top tier universities and medical instructions to innovative start-up organizations.
Our menu of services describes those services for new funders, experienced funders and funders in transition. For examples of how we have served individual clients in the past, browse our case studies and testimonials.