We strive to help our clients achieve the societal impact and personal satisfaction that stems from effective philanthropy. We do this work mindful of the great privilege that we have to collaborate with funders who spend their time and resources advancing causes and helping people in need.
Unlike other advisors, we emphasize the importance of establishing strong, practical decision-making and operational processes. It is this practical underpinning that helps our clients produce successful grants as well as rewarding philanthropic experiences. We also focus on establishing orderly and transparent communication with grantees about the funder’s goals, so that the funder and grantee can be productive partners in their shared mission.
We support our clients by offering them personal & customized services, practical deliverables, and discretion & confidentiality.
• We never push a one-size-fits-all plan of action on our clients because each client comes to us with unique goals and challenges.
• We listen to clients about their situation and needs.
• We encourage clients to ask and answer difficult questions about what they want to accomplish and how they want to operate.
• Funders come to us looking for implementable solutions, so rather than offering our clients abstract or pie-in-the-sky advice, we work with them to develop concrete operation plans and checklists, strategies, and plans of action for grantmaking.
• We help our clients realistically match their resources with goals, and we offer implementable strategies for reaching those goals.
• Because of our experience working in trusted relationships with clients, we know which plans will be most viable for a given philanthropic or familial goal.
• We recognize that although funders aim to make a public impact, philanthropy is a personal activity that expresses private beliefs and involves resources that many funders prefer to keep private.
• We have a strong background in legal ethics and confidentiality and are devoted to safeguarding client privacy.
• We have extensive experience working with clients to protect their philanthropic identities when desired.